This morning I receive the pictured message with my morning cup of tea. “A relaxed mind is a creative mind” I can’t believe that it is June 21, 2014 already. My 21 day experiment is on its final day. While I was a bit hesitant to begin this journey, I am so completely thankful that I had the courage to take the challenge on. While I am no expert in receiving, I can say with confidence, that I did it and even more, I learned, my eyes were opened and I have become better for it. How about you? How has your experiment on receiving been going? To recap here is what I have learned in the past 21 days about receiving.
1. Oftentimes we aren’t open to receiving due to a desire for control. Typically, control is rooted in fear and provides an experience opposite of what we hope to create. (Fully Equipped And Ready)
2. Letting go of our illusions that we need to control much of what happens around us, opens the doorway for the universe to give us many of the things we hope for because in order to let go we ourselves must put our guard down.
3. Give yourself permission to accept. Compliments, smiles, gifts, time and forgiveness, from others but for yourself as well.
4. Allow. This means that you open your heart, learn how to be vulnerable again, with the right people. So many of my relationships have really deepened in this short 21 day time. Only because I allowed people into my world and me into theirs.
5. Ego is another way we hide behind fear. By investing and serving others it creates a peace in us that reminds of how blessed we are and how much abundance we already have in our life.
6. True confidence means that you are transparent enough to admit you don’t have it all together and that you are open to learning from others, while being comfortable in your own skin, even when it’s uncomfortable.
7. Your output doesn’t equal your value. Understanding your value when you take away the mask of fear while learning to look through the lens with a new perspective. I’ve been guilty of this myself from time to time; trying to show how much I’m worth by doing a lot, responding to e-mails immediately, always going above and beyond. Professionalism is one thing but no one really respects the person who bases their value on what they can do rather than who they are or have become.
8. Receive yourself. You are a masterpiece from your creator. If people cannot accept you for who you are, who you have become or what you stand for; then they don’t deserve to know you.
9. Your past mistakes are, well in the past. As much as you may want to go back and make different choices, the truth is you can’t. The best thing, the only thing you can do, is learn from the past and become a better person. That you have seen the error in your thinking and have made adjustments not to repeat the same choices in the future, rather stand strong and make better, wiser choices moving forward.
10. Trust. This really ties it all together for me. Trust myself and my intuition about what’s best for me. Trust that the universe really does want to bestow great things in my life, trust that I deserve it, trust that I can let go, that I don’t have to worry about everything, trust that my dreams are valuable, and trust that it really is enough to simply be me.
In the past 21 days my life have become enriched in ways that I didn’t imagine were possible for me.”
In the past 21 days my life has become enriched in ways that I didn’t imagine were possible for me. Usually, I am the one empowering other people and through this experiment I have learned that I can also empower myself. Oddly enough it didn’t occur to me that I could. I usually put myself near the end of my list of people that I want to help, encourage and support. While I know that I am my best when I am helping women find their own way, this adventure has revealed to me that I need not to forget to give myself the support I need from time to time. I can’t express how amazing this journey has been, but I can share that it is just the beginning. I have become really alive again, clear on what is really important to me and for the first time in a long time, I want to explore, try new things, try old things that I haven’t done in a while and I will receive each new day, challenges and all, with a new perspective. Letting go is so freeing in ways that you need to experience for yourself. I learned all of this because I was finally open to receiving the world around me and living in it not of it. As for my 21 day experiment, it will be continuing for another 21 years and beyond!